Welcome to the Wilkes-Barre Area School District! We are excited to have you join our Wolfpack family. Online registration makes enrollment in the Wilkes-Barre School District much easier for families by providing one place to register your children for schools. Our goal is to provide a welcoming environment while maintaining consistent procedures and practices for enrolling students.
Our registration process can be completed 100% online through any web browser application. Documents that need to be submitted can be attached directly to the online application.
**Effective July 1, 2020: Pennsylvania compulsory school age will be age 6 to age 18.
Compulsory refers to the minimum and maximum age required which a student must be enrolled in and attending public school or an equivalent education program defined by the law.
New Registration Checklist
Proof of the following immunizations must be presented before a child can enter school.
- Diptheria – 4 doses of toxoid, one dose given after age four
- Tetanus – 4 doses of toxoid, one dose given after age four
- Polio – 4 doses of vaccine (IPV or OPV), one dose given after age four
- Measles – 2 doses of vaccine, first dose administered at 12 months or older (usually MMR)
- Mumps – 2 doses of vaccine, first dose administered at 12 months or older (usually MMR)
- Rubella – 1 dose of vaccine, first dose administered at 12 months or older (usually MMR)
- Hepatitis B – 3 doses of vaccine, 3rd dose must be given after 6 months of age
- Varicella – 2 doses of vaccine, first dose administered on or after first birthday or a doctor’s written statement of history of child having had varicella (chicken pox)
- Proof of lead levels in blood (new building requirement beginning January 1, 2008)
Proof of Residency
You will need two current proofs of residency within the Wilkes-Barre Area School District from the list below in addition to your photo identification (Driver's License,Passport , DOT Identification Card) in order to register your child in the Wilkes-Barre Area School District
|Proof of Residency List (needs to be within two months of registering)
|State or Federal Program Enrollment
|Mortgage or Lease
|Property Tax Bill