The Wilkes-Barre Area School District operates Schoolwide Title I Mathematics and Reading Programs in all Title I schools. The goal of these programs is to best service our most at-risk student population. Title I programs are designed to help children meet the state content and performance standards in reading, language arts, and mathematics. Identification for Services
Students receive supplemental mathematics & reading services in large groups and are also identified for small group remediation based on data which includes:
- Quarterly Progress Reports
- Final Grades
- PSSA scores
- Provide high quality curriculum and learning materials.
- Provide you with assistance in understanding academic achievement standards and assessments and how to monitor your child’s progress.
- Provide opportunities for ongoing communication between you and teachers through, at a minimum:
- Annual parent-teacher conferences or as requested
- The ability to access the district’s parent portal Skyward).
- Model and support reasonable and respectful behavior in school.
- Encourage your child to attend school regularly.
- Provide a quiet study area in the home to ensure the completion of homework assignments.
- Encourage your child to show positive school behavior.
- Review your child’s homework.
- Attend parent-teacher conferences, Title 1 events, other school related activities, and participate, when appropriate, in decisions relating to the education of your child.
- Review school communications and respond when needed.
- Come to school on time.
- Become a better reader by practicing at home.
- Follow school and classroom rules.
- Complete my class work and homework.
- Come to class prepared: books, pencil.
- Seek extra help when needed.